Friday, November 14, 2008

My first blog on blogspot!

It's funny, I blog on MySpace, and I have a "journal" on Baby Center, but for some reason I still feel the need to have my own blog. Perhaps it's because I mostly write about my daughter on both of those sites, because I feel like the people who read those entries mostly want to hear about my daughter. So this blog is for me to write about anything, even if it is not my daughter, although I'm sure many entries will be dedicated to her:). She is after all my whole world.

So here is some basic information about me. My name is Tara Jane Koch and I'm twenty years old. I've been married to my husband, Michael, for a little over a year now; our one year anniversary was November 1st. We had our first, and quite possibly only, child on October 3rd of this year. Her name is McKaleigh Elizabeth Anne.

I grew up in Iowa, but am currently living in Georgia because my husband is in the Army. I really like it here and hope we can stay here for as long as possible, although Michael might beg to differ. I love how warm it is, but part of me does miss snow... especially seeing all of this Christmas stuff being put out, and me wearing a t-shirt or light sweatshirt.

I graduated from Fort Dodge Senior High in 2006. Freshman year of college, I went to Concordia University of Nebraska in Seward for my first semester. Second semester I transferred to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, I also attended first semester Sophomore year. In that semester I married Michael, and at the end of the term I moved to live with him. A few weeks after I moved to live with him, we found out I was pregnant. I've taken a break from school, since I feel that being at home with her is more important.

Here are some thing to give you a feel for the kind of person I am. I'm a Lutheran, to be specific, I'm a member of the LCMS. I consider myself a "liberal republican," if such a thing exists... To explain, I believe in things like the government being less involved in my life and the economy, but I'm pro-choice and pro-gay marriage (note:pro-choice, does not mean pro-abortion, I feel it is wrong, but it's going to happen regardless of legality, so at least it is happening safely, and my idea of wrong isn't necessarily the same as someone else's.) I like the shows Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, The Office, Gossip Girl, Lipstick Jungle(so sad it's getting cancelled!), and Family Guy. I quite often listen to NPR, I love "All Things Considered," "The Marketplace," and "Prairie Home Companion," to name a few. My top three favorite movies are "Casablanca," "When Harry Met Sally," and "Breakfast at Tiffany's." I was a cheerleader in high school and miss it a lot. I am a member of the Army Reserves, but when I found out I was pregnant I put in a packet to get out, that's still processing, so who knows how that will end up working out.

I think that sums things up! Now onto the real blogging, hehe:)

No comments: