Sunday, January 16, 2011

How to Clean the Microwave- without commercial cleaners

The microwave is pretty much my least favorite thing to clean. Such an odd angle to scrub at and everything seem SO stuck on there! The solution is pretty easy honestly, but it works so well!

Step one: Use your vinegar/water spray and wipe down the whole inside, getting the loose stuff out first.

Step two: Put some baking soda in a bowl and add in just enough water to make a paste out of it. It doesn't take that much water at all.

Step three: Spread the paste all over the inside of the microwave. I used a plastic baggy over my hand to do it because I couldn't find my cleaning gloves and I didn't want the paste to irritate my skin. Let this sit for a minute or so, longer if the mess is really bad, lol.

Step four: Get a wet rag and wipe the paste off, using a bit of pressure and a little bit of elbow grease. It should come up without too much effort.

I just did this and was amazed at how easily all the gunk came off of the top of the microwave! I used the left over paste to make it super easy to clean off the rotating glass circle thing... not sure what that thing is called, haha!

Happy cleaning!

2 comments:

Brittany Thomas said...

I never thought about using baking soda! You'd think I'd know better. lol Another thing you can do is to microwave a cup of water (or water with vinegar) for a few minutes and the steam will loosen things up.

MyCraftTherapy said...

In the past I've done a glass of half water/vinegar and microwaved it for a minute. Most stuff comes off easily after.