Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolutions for 2013

I love making resolutions, because I love making plans and goals. My trouble is always the follow through. This year is the first year that I am starting off on anti-depressants, so hopefully that will help me stick to at least some of my resolutions.

Resolution #1: Spend more quality time with my daughters.
Every season- Take a trip to the science center and zoo.
Every month- Do a special activity in town.
Every week- Spend one on one time with one of the girls, even if it's just grocery shopping.

Resolution #2: Make my house clean and organized.
Every season- Sort through clothes.
Every month- Choose a room to focus on.
Every week- Update home management binder with the week's schedule.

Resolution #3: Improve fitness and health.
Every season- Choose a specific activity to focus on.
Every month- Blog about fitness and health.
Every week- Plan out meals and workouts.

Resolution #4: Do things that make me happy.
Every season- Buy a new outfit.
Every month- Journal about how I'm feeling.
Every week- Hoop at least once.

Resolution #5: Improve finances.
Every season: Examine our spending and what can be changed or cut.
Every month: Set spending goals in our budget and figure out which areas need working on.
Every week: Talk to my husband about our finances, so that we're on the same page.

So there they are. These are my resolutions for this year. All pretty basic, but with specific tasks added in, to hopefully make them happen! What resolutions have you made for this year? Have they worked for you in the past? How do you hold yourself accountable?

I'm thinking about turning my resolutions into a printable that I can hang in my room.

No comments: