Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 2 of NO TV!

Like most Americans, I watched a lot of TV. So much in fact, that I felt like I never got anything done, because between the shows I watched, keeping up with all the social networking sites I frequent, and taking care of my daughter, there wasn't much time left for anything else!

I noticed that more and more often, McKaleigh was zoning out on whatever was on TV. I never watched any kids shows, but she was still hooked to the TV at times. This was my primary reason for no more TV. I may still watch a few select shows here and there, but only the ones that I REALLY love. I will no longer be watching the shows that just happened to be on. Heck, if it's not on hulu.com, I probably won't watch it, haha.

I truly believe that not watching TV has made it so much easier for me to get things done. I just did things today, without really thinking about it. I was constantly thinking of the next thing to do, instead of vegging out in front of the TV and my computer all day.

I did the following things today:
  • Made pancakes and eggs for breakfast(instead of the typical cereal or bagel.)
  • Decluttered a majority of my kitchen(the side I actually cook on... other half still needs a lot of work:P.)
  • Moved my full sized bed into the guest room, to make room for the king, got the bedframe today.
  • Did a bit of vacuuming in my room and the guest room, but still need to clean them more thoroughly.
  • I cleaned up the dogs' room, like completely cleaned it up (yes my dogs have their own room:P.)
  • Finally got the futon mattress from the garage and into the dog room.
  • Vacuumed the futon mattress because it was gross from being in the garage.
  • Re-organized the furniture in the dog room and set up the kennel that was in my room, in their room for big ol' Jack.
  • I lost track of time, so we had a late lunch.
  • After lunch, I actually cleaned up everything I had used to make it, and all the miscellaneous dishes that had been laying around!
On a typical day, before no TV, I felt productive if we had 1 cooked meal (the other two would be packaged) and I got the dishwasher loaded! And I would feel extra productive if I vacuumed the living room, haha.

Today was day one of using all cloth, and I've got to say, I love it! It just works so much better than paper, and with as many paper towels as we were going through, we're going to save loads of money!

Tomorrow will be day three of "no 'poo"ing, and my second time using the baking soda wash and apple cider vinegar rinse. I was going to wait three days, but we have playgroup tomorrow, and I don't want to be too greasy.

McKaleigh decided to not nap until supper time, so I better sneak off and cook while she's sleeping:). Today has been a good day.

No comments: